Sunday, January 14, 2007

Life's a Beach and then you Drive

Jen and i went to Three Chopt Presbyterian Church this morning and enjoyed a great service. Afterwards, i was drivingback and Jen says, "man, i wanna go to VA Beach. i've never been to any beach but the gulf." So i just kept driving. We stopped for Italian at some random off brand place. Great stuffed shells. When we go to VA Beach we went into a surf shop and pretended to be from New Zealand. We bought bathing suits and talked in fake Aussie accents. Then we walked out to the beach and walked for awhile. i went in. Water must have been 35 or 40 degrees, body-numbing. Then we drove back home. Was a fun day.

Jen's account:
After church, with nothing planned, we start driving back to school. I saw I a sign on the freeway that said VA Beach (blank blank miles). I said to Brian "Oh lets go to VA Beach or somewhere...the only beach I grew up with was Galveston." So Brian keeps driving and me, not thinking he took me seriously or wanted go anywhere but back to school, keeps driving and driving and driving. Finally, I realized we passed all the exits to get off at for the school then I realized he took me seriously and we driving, still in church clothes, to VA Beach. We stopped along the way in some town to get some lunch...in an off the wall Italian place called Antonio's pizza...really good food and friendly staff. After a bite to eat we headed the rest of the way to VA Beach. We stopped at this surf store to get clothes so that we could get sandy and possibly wet. We decided to use Aussie accents in the store (we practice on the way up in the car to perfect our accents, Brian's was really good....mine was more of a mix of British and Aussie...so Britussie perhaps). Well the people working in the store completely bought it. We took our new found coastal edge clothes and walked around on the beach, sat and talked, and then Brian went head first into numbing water that was probably like 35 to 40 degrees. I just got my lower legs wet for like two seconds and they were numb that was enough for me.

No comments: