Monday, February 16, 2009

Profound insight...

In responding to my cousin's blog today about her todler, i came to deeply reflect on my personal preferences. i dislike bubbles. i always have. Anyone who knows me very well at all, knows this.

Now, i often assumed it was simply because i don't like soap on me and everything else if it's not soon going to be rinsed off. i would not, for instance, run around the living room or backyard squirting people, flora, fauna and furniture with a bottle of thick runny dish soap, so why bubbles which are slow and harder to aim?

It occurred to me a year or two ago that maybe i also hate bubbles because i dislike polka dots immensely and what could be worse than three dimensional moving polka dots? But now something else occurs to me. Maybe i dislike polka dots in part due to my general dislike for polka music. Something to this?

No comments: