Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Extra! Extra!

Yes, lots of posts today to make up for the lack over the past week whilst Olympics reign supreme in my "free" time. i will not be qualifying for any Olympic teams this week as per my visit to the doctor today. Yup, you guessed it, i'm pregnant.

Kidding, mom. No, i have been battling poison oak for a week, which has only gotten worse, despite some fantastic home remedies Ashley concocted. The Doctor walked in and i propped up my legs and said, "i think it's poison oak. It's itchy, not weepy, it's getting worse and it's all over our backyard and now mine."

She looked at me with her hands in her pockets, "Yep. i'm gonna give you a steroid pack and steroid creme. Want that now?"

i also asked her about the ear popping thing i've told a bunch of you about. She looked in my ear and said, "Yep, you're right. Fluid. Got Sudafed at home? Take it. Clear ya right up." And apparently all my self-diagnosis and jargon got her curious because she asked, "You got any physicians in the family?"

i said, "Yes, my sister is a nurse and i watch a lot of House." She laughed and said that sounded about right and good luck. So now i am much less itchy and i start my roids tomorrow. Woot!

No comments: