Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"Be nice to me, i Tried to give Blood today"

Yes, tried. i haven't been able to give since HS because of various meds and trips and such. Being type O, it's important, as it is for all of us. i went over and it started out badly. The poor woman pricked my finger off to the side and when she bandaged it, put the sticky part on the cut, so a few minutes later we looked down to see i had bled all over my hand and the table. Ooops.
While this was going on, the nurse came over and asked if i wanted to try some machine that takes your blood out, centrifuges it and removes the red blood cells, and puts it back in the same arm so they can get a full pint from just one person, rather than having to combine it with someone else's later to get a full pint of RBC's. Well, i tried. She was all excited about my good veins and proceeded to stick me fine but fish the needle around a lot before she got it going and then turned the machine on. i was lightheaded and wonky in minutes and had to stop. Not trying that one again. So i missed most of my History section with all that jazz and have to go again today. Fun times with the VA Blood Donation services.

No comments: