Monday, August 13, 2007

Grand Central

Well, one of the reasons i moved to Richmond for seminary was that i knew i wouldn't be far from relatives like my sister in Chapel Hill and Uncle in DC. While i haven't seen much of my uncle, and Kelley is moving back to Concord, i have become a stop off point for my Dad's side of the family. i lived in Chapel Hill for 4 years of college, about half an hour from my Aunt Judy and Uncle Paul and 15 minutes from my cousin Josee, but we all stayed so busy that i never saw them. Now that i am all the way up in Richmond though, this week, i had my second visit in 6 months from my aunt and uncle, as well as a visit from Josee. Always good to see family and have visitors and Ashley and i both like to see ours. Now that cousin Jackie is living in the DC area, we may get visits from time to time for lunches and dinners, which is great. It's also a stop off for my folks on the way north to NY, and hopefully a stop for those NY relatives headed south. We got Josee and her little one, Danny over to La Casita last Wednesday and Judy and Paul over to Strawberry Street Cafe for Sunday lunch/brunch. For those of you non-Richmonders, it's famous for its bath tub salad bar.

No comments: