Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Merrily we Roll Along

i think my new practice is going to be to write fairly often and just add news stories and thoughts as they come to me to the same entry if they occur on the same day so i don't forget what i was gonna jot down. So if entries change all day long, don't be surprised (as if you check).

So to start with, today my favorite song is I No Longer Hate California, which you can find on CD Baby and listen to about half of it. It's a rockin' fun tune, so jump on it.


As a result of the questions i just read in Contemplative Youth Ministry, i'm making an indirectly related resolution. The book focuses on how to be truly present with youth in ministry. These questions focus on how you as an adult have changed as you've grown:

Where in your life did you stop singing?
Where in your life did you stop dancing?
Where in your life did you stop telling stories?
Where in your life did you stop listening to silence?
-Angeles Arrien

I'm painfully aware of my addiction to TV and the stories and comedy from them that apply to real life. When working with youth, these can be most relevant, but my resolution is to rely more heavily on stories from my own life, especially with those my own age. This effort is to help in the lost art of story telling, as well as an effort to truly listen more.


13:48- Just found out Jerry Falwell was found dead in his office at Liberty.

No comments: