Sunday, April 01, 2007

Overdue Ooopdate

Tues night- got massive uncontrollable cold chills and a constant excruciating stabbing pain in my right ear and side of my head that radiated down the whole right side of my body every few minutes.
We morning- still going on, called around, and Loren Tate got me to the doc. He diagnosed me with some sort of ear infection and gave me two perscrips. He didn't explain either. i called our family friend Doctor Jimmy in Charlotte and he walked me through it.
The pain and chills went away, but both meds gave me horrible side effects. One was simply a decongestant, so when Doc Jim (no relation to Dr Jimmy) from my Theo class stopped by, he told me to stop taking it and stick with the anti-biotic. My sister Kelley gave me all her nursing/vomiting dietary advice, and a few of my hall friends took care of me for a few days. Jen ran to the store for Gatorade and bananas and such. Tom made me some rice, etc. With my raging high metabolism, i was laid low by lack of any food for a few days and losing much of it, so i did not make it to class or work for 2 or 3 days and laid in bed sleeping for 3-4 stretches, dearly wishing that i could.
Ashley got in Friday night after a terrible ordeal transporting a mama doggie and her 6 puppies from CH to Richmond with no leashes. FUN! She took care of me and got me to the grocery store and a few restaurants to start me back to real food like mashed potatoes and scrambled eggs and biscuits. A later blog on her failed April Fool's prank... gotta love the attempt.
Current status: able to hold down a spoon full of queso on saltines after a pot pie. Might be lookin up...

No comments: